Are you looking for a new opportunity to use your knowledge and skills and make a positive difference in the lives of mothers and their young babies?
Health Practitioner registered under the HCA Act , preferably experienced in Maternal and Perinatal Mental Health
72 hours per fortnight
57,200pa up to $64,480pa
West Auckland based
Carejobz Health & Wellbeing are working with our client who provides community based mental health support, and residential services to recruit their new Health PractitionerAbout the role:
The new Health Practitioner
will need to be
registered under the HCA Act, preferably with experience in Maternal and Perinatal Mental Health, to work 72 hours per fortnight as per the service roster.
The work hours include working morning and afternoon shifts Monday to Sunday.
You will be supporting women who are pregnant and / or up to one year postpartum, and who experience mental illness.
The work is varied and calls for you to use your resilience and flexibility, with experience of working with mothers and young babies, supporting them with mother-child early bonding and parent craft. About you
You would be a self-motivated person with the passion and skills to deliver community and respite based approaches to mental health using the Strengths Model and the Recovery Approach and demonstrate sound knowledge of community resources that may enhance perinatal service user or family / whanau care. Your clinical skills, relationship building, resilience and flexibility will be used to the full supporting people to achieve positive goals in their lives. Skills & Experience required for this role:
- A Clinical Registration under the HCA Act such as registered nurse, occupational therapist, registered social worker preferably with experience within the mental health field
- An understanding and appreciation of collaborative Strengths and Recovery-Based practice
- A positive, mature attitude with a commitment to professional and personal development
- An ability to work independently but also as part of a team
- An ability to deliver support services fairly, effectively, impartially and courteously to clients
- An ability to work with diverse cultures within the community to form a therapeutic alliance with perinatal tangata whaiora / service users and their family / whanau
- A full, current, clean, NZ driver's licence
- Applicants for this position should have an entitlement to work in New Zealand
- Under the requirements of the Vulnerable Children's Act 2014, new candidates that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.
To find out more about this new exciting position, apply now with your CV and our Health & Wellbeing Recruitment manager will contact you for a confidential chat.
Carejobz - Leaders in Health & Wellbeing Recruitment
#healthpractitionerjobs #registerednursematernalhealthjobs #maternalhealthjobs #mentalhealthjobs